A Decree No. 158, dated 12/06/1429H, issued by the Council of Ministers, has approved the General Plan of the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation, the plan included the following:
To effectively contribute to the economic, social and environmental development by providing high quality technical and vocational training for Saudi males and females to meet the local labor needs in the Kingdom to achieve international leadership and ensure independence and self-sufficiency.
- The Technical and Vocational Training Corporation objectives are:
• To license, evaluate and develop technical and vocational training programs for males and females according to quality and quantity needed by the labor market. And to enact rules and regulations governing their quality and also to supervise these programs.
• To conduct research and carry out projects necessary to follow up international technological developments in technical and vocational training.
• To participate in National programs that adopt transfer of technology as their policy, and support the Private sector.
- • To encourage the private sector to invest in technical and vocational training.
1. To admit the largest possible number of interested persons in technical and vocational training in order to attain sustainable development.
2. To qualify and develop national technical and vocational human cadres in accordance with the quantity and quality needed by the labor market.
3. To provide high quality and efficient training programs that qualifies the trainee for suitable employment.
4. To adapt to and deal with challenges and variables successfully by conducting studies.
5. To establish strategic partnerships with the private sector to implement technical and vocational programs.
6. To educate the public on the importance of technical and vocational fields and provide appropriate environment for lifelong training.
7. To ensure safe working environment at the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation.
8. To promote investment in private technical and vocational training.
9. To boost relationships and integration with the national training and educational institutions.
10. To expand advanced training fields that support national plans and take part in transfer of technology programs and enhance them.
Objectives Implementation Strategies:
- To train Saudi youths to take technical, vocational and professional jobs with the various Industrial, Agricultural, Commercial and general services) at both public or private sectors. In addition to training at colleges, institutes and centers and look forward to develop and raise the standard of technicians and professionals while on duty. This of course enables them to acquire advanced knowledge in science and technology both locally and internationally.
- To endeavor to train youngsters and illiterates who did not continue their academic education and organize special evening and morning programs for them according to their ages, so that they continue their education or practice technical work.
- To train Saudi national cadre for teaching and training.
- To direct investors to develop the structure of skills in order to widen the foundations of technical work in the Kingdom.
- To establish educational structure of a unified scale to support technical labor in coordination with organizations rehabilitation of human and the Ministerial Committee for Workforce.
- To support the vocational guidance and counseling to raise awareness of technical and vocational education through the concerned organizations with a better outcome for the Corporation's services, both technical and vocational training to achieve the desired goals.
- To conduct research and studies to address the problems of technical labor in the light of the needs of the labor market.